9 BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF MASSAGE
- Massage increases the number of red blood cells and nutrition to muscles relaxing muscle spasms and relieving tension.
- Massage acts as a “mechanical cleanser” stimulating the lymph system and hastening elimination of waste and toxic debris.
- Massage helps lessen inflammation and swelling in joints and so alleviates pain.
- Massage can have a sedative or stimulating effect on the nervous system depending on the type and length of massage given.
- Massage improves muscle tone.
- Massage stretches connective tissue and breaks down or prevents adhesions.
- Massage can, in part, compensate for lack of exercise, which is useful for persons with illness, injury, or for the aged.
- Massage delivers pleasurable sensations, which improves one’s overall sense of wellbeing.
Every living thing in pain responds to kindness. -Tyler Mama
The first thing you do to help another person is to let them know that they are not alone with their pain. – Stephen Levine